Hospice of Cincinnati, in collaboration with the American Heart Association (AHA) and the National Partnership for Healthcare and Hospice Innovation (NPHI), announces the HOC Advanced Cardiac Care Program to address one of the nation’s largest killers of Americans – heart disease.
Many people living with end-stage heart disease frequently visit the doctor’s office, emergency room and hospital due to breathing difficulties, fatigue and other worsening symptoms. These exacerbations could be prevented or managed with hospice and palliative care. Our goal is to take care of your symptoms and concerns so that you can remain at home and avoid repeated trips to the emergency room.
Through the HOC Advanced Cardiac Care Program, patients can expect:
- Care team members who have received specialized cardiac education and training
- Implementation of AHA approved evidence-based cardiac clinical protocols for symptom exacerbation
- Awareness of how to access around-the-clock clinical resources and support.
- Patient and family education tools to prevent symptom exacerbation
- Improved quality of life and receiving care in their home
Contact us today at (513) 891-7700 to learn more about the HOC Advanced Cardiac Care Program.