Referral Information For Healthcare Professionals
Whether the diagnosis is cancer, heart failure, end state lung disease, dementia, or any terminal illness, Hospice of Cincinnati has the experience and resources to partner with you in a way that provides the best possible care plan for your patient or resident.
If you are considering a referral to Hospice of Cincinnati, please know that we value and appreciate your trust, confidence and partnership. Our goal is to partner with you in a way that provides the very best care and outcome for your patient, resident or client.
• Terminal diagnosis with life expectancy of 6 months
• Multiple diagnosis including CA, COPD, sepsis, ESHD, ESRD, Alzheimer’s
• Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurances
• Little if any out-of-pocket cost for patient/family
What We Offer
• Specialists in pain and symptom management
• Specific disease management pathways: end stage heart, lung and dementia
• All meds related to diagnosis delivered to the patient’s home
• All DME related to diagnosis
• 24/7 Telephonic or in-home nursing care
Why We’re Different
• 4 In-Patient Care Centers
• Holistic Services such as pet, massage, art and music therapies
• The Goldstein Family Grief Center
• Not-For-Profit hospices have 14% higher RN visits than FPs
• Fernside—A Center for Grieving Children
Goals of Care Conversations: When is it time to discuss Hospice Care?
The "Surprise Question" physicians should ask: "Would I be surprised if this person died in the next 12 months?" If the answer is "No," then it is time to begin the hospice conversation.
|TO MAKE A REFERRAL TO HOSPICE OF CINCINNATI OR TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE REFERRAL AND ADMISSIONS PROCESS, PLEASE CALL 513-792-6900. Someone from our experienced staff of compassionate professionals would be more than happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have.
Additionally, we have provided some general guidelines for admission below in order to answer your preliminary questions and facilitate the process. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
IF YOUR PATIENT, RESIDENT OR CLIENT IS NOT A CANCER PATIENT....... the general guidelines for admission to Hospice of Cincinnati are as follows (for Non-cancer Diagnosis):
IF YOUR PATIENT, RESIDENT OR CLIENT HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER....... the general guidelines for admission to Hospice of Cincinnati are as follows: